A bipartisan group of six governors wrote to U.S. Senate and House leadership urging them to enact federal financial incentives for capturing carbon dioxide (CO2) from power plants and industrial facilities and policies to develop and finance CO2 pipeline infrastructure.
The governors include:
- Kansas Governor Jeff Colyer
- Montana Governor Steve Bullock
- North Dakota Governor Doug Burgum
- Oklahoma Governor Mary Fallin
- Pennsylvania Governor Tom Wolf
- Wyoming Governor Matt Mead
The letter builds on recommendations for a comprehensive set of federal and state carbon capture incentives and for CO2 pipeline infrastructure developed by the State CO2-EOR Deployment Work Group, a 14-state group co-convened by Wyoming Governor Matt Mead and Montana Governor Steve Bullock.
The Great Plains Institute facilitates the State CO2-EOR Deployment Work Group.